150 charities across the UK and Ireland are celebrating today after receiving donations of £1,000 each as part of Benefact Group’s Movement for Good Awards.
For the fifth year running, Benefact Group, which WRS is proudly part of, are giving away £1million to charities through their Movement for Good awards. Members of the public were invited to nominate causes close to their hearts, with 150 awards of £1,000 announced today.
London-based charity Bipolar UK LTD, which supports and empowers individuals living with Bipolar, Gloucestershire Nightstop, a charity offering emergency accommodation for 16-25 year olds, and The Saturday Café Club in Scotland, offering young disabled children fun activities, are some of the charities set to benefit from the money, following overwhelming public support across the country.
More than 15,000 charitable causes in the UK and Ireland received votes, thanks to over 245,000 nominations from supporters. The 150 winning charities were picked at random from those nominated, following 150 previous winners being selected in June. Further donations will be awarded throughout the year.
Since the awards began, nearly 2million people have nominated and made a difference to communities all across the UK and Ireland with more than £5million given to over 2,500 charities.
This year, 420 charities will be awarded £1,000 donations, while 40 good causes will be awarded £5,000 via special grants throughout the year, aimed at helping charities in specific sectors. Winners will be drawn at random and the more times a charity is nominated the more chance it has of being selected. Further donations totalling £500,000 will also be given in larger amounts later this year.
To find out how to support the Movement for Good Awards and to nominate a cause you care about visit www.movementforgood.com.
Mark Hews, Group Chief Executive of Benefact Group, said:
“We would like to thank every single person who took the time to nominate a good cause as part of our Movement for Good Awards. Benefact Group is the third largest corporate donor in the UK and has an ambition to be the biggest. Owned by a charity, all of its available profits go to good causes, and the more the Group grows, the more the Group can give. We know that £1,000 can make a huge difference to the incredible work that charities do and we’re looking forward to seeing how this financial boost will change lives for the better.”
Benefact Group has donated almost £200million to charitable causes since 2014 and has been recognised as the third biggest corporate giver in the UK. The organisation aims to reach £250million in donations by 2025.
Movement for Good is funded by EIO plc, part of the Benefact Group.
About the Movement for Good Awards
- Benefact Group’s Movement for Good Awards is giving away over £1million to help charities change lives for the better.
- 150 £1,000 grants were given away in June, a further 150 £1,000 grants will be donated in September, followed by 120 £1,000 grants which will be given away in December. £200,000 will also be given away in £5,000 special grants, and £500,000 will be given in larger amounts over the course of the year.
- The £1,000 awards are open to all UK-registered charities, not-for-profit organisations or community interest companies. Anyone can nominate at any time for the chance to receive £1,000.
- Movement for Good is funded by EIO plc, part of the Benefact Group.
- For more information visit www.movementforgood.com